We will be hosting a derby at Birds Hill Park on May 14, 2017, you can now enter on-line AND we will be accepting e-transfers for payment (details on entry form).
The Derby will be judged on a per class basis and riders are welcome to choose three classes ($70 + $20 admin fee, includes course user fee). Class options include:
Dressage – Dressage tests set by Cadora and Equestrian Canada, links to the tests are available below. Score based on score sheets listed in dressage tests.
Pace – Rider and horse go through a pre-flagged route on the cross country course without going over jumps. Perfect for get comfortable on course and pracitce speed awareness. Score based on how close the rider is to optimum time. Optimum time is based on distance of the route as well as speed (measured in meters per minute and listed per level).
Cross-Country (XC) – Solid jumping obstacles over varied terrain in open fields. Score is based on jump faults and optimum time.
All rounds must be pre-entered as ride times will be assigned. Ride times will be emailed before the Derby. Entries received after May 7th will be subject to a $25 late fee. Cancellations after May 7th will be charged the non refundable office fee.
You must have an MHC membership. MHT memberships are highly recommended in order to qualify for year-end awards, however temporary memberships are available for the derby. Reciprocity memberships will also be accepted.
- Pinny number holders (If you don’t own one, you can rent from us!)
- Medical arm bands preferred but not mandatory.
- Approved safety equipment is required in accordance with Equestrian Canada rules (Vests and helmets are mandatory when on the Cross country course).
- Dress code as per Equestrian Canada Rules, Section D (Eventing) , Article D114
- Waiver must be signed in advance or at the show
Marilyn McNaughton (firstname.lastname@example.org) is the show secretary.